Winter Break Housing Information
We hope you have had a successful fall semester on campus!
Please remember, the last day of in-person classes will be on November 20th. Final exams will be held online from November 30 – December 3. Classes for the Spring Semester will begin on January 19. All students must complete the Winter Break Housing Needs form and indicate their plans for Winter Break which may include staying on campus. You must be logged into your EKU email to access the form. If you are having trouble, we encourage you to open the link in a private browser Please note, the Stratton Café, located in the Stratton Building, will be open on select dates beginning November 30th.
If you plan to leave campus during the Winter Break period, you are not required to remove all of your belongings from your Residence Hall. Please remember to pack everything you will need for the six week break period.
Students should plan to return to their Residence Halls between January 16 – January 18. To follow state mandated COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, you are required to select a return time for your return to campus. Select your check-in time by logging into the housing portal and selecting Spring 2021 Return after logging in. This allows for a smooth transition into the Spring Semester and we appreciate your cooperation!
Please review the Housing & Residence Life Winter Break checklist to ensure you leave your room in appropriate condition prior to departure:
- Notify us of your winter break plans to return to campus: Click here to complete the Spring 20 Return to Campus form!
- Pack any items you may need for over the break. Remember your phone chargers, medications, and important documents.
- Empty and defrost refrigerator
- Remove any perishable food items from room
- Take out trash
- Unplug electrical items
*if suite style or double rooms:
- If you do not currently have a roommate but are in a double room, ensure your space is clean and ready for a roommate to move in for Spring 2020
- Address anything noted in the earlier Health and Safety Inspection
- Close your blinds
- Turn off your lights
- Lock your door
- Keep your key and fob
If you have any questions about Housing during Winter Break, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.