Thanksgiving - Winter Break Housing Information
We hope you have had a successful fall semester on campus!
If you need to stay on campus over Thanksgiving Break, please complete this form.
The Residence Halls will be closed throughout the duration of Winter Break. Students will need to vacate their Residence Hall by 10:00 AM on December 4, 2021 and will not have the ability to re-enter until January 16, 2022.
To be eligible to live in winter housing, Resident must be enrolled for three (3) or more winter credit hours.
Students that request to stay on campus during the Winter Break will need to complete the Winter Break housing application found on the Housing Portal. The cost for Winter Break housing is a flat cost of $800 for the entire break period. The Winter Break housing application is for the entire break, there is no daily or weekly rate. You can apply for Winter Break housing by heading to the Housing Portal and clicking on Housing Application/Selection.
If you are homeless, please email the Office of Housing & Residence Life at email@example.com by December 1. A representative of our office will contact you to discuss your situation.
For students at Grand Campus - There is no cost and you do not need to be taking Winter Term classes to stay over break. You will still need to complete the Winter Term Housing Application.
If you plan to leave campus during the Winter Break period, you are not required to remove all of your belongings from your Residence Hall and do not need to turn in your key and fob. Please remember to pack everything you will need for the six week break period as you will not be allowed access to your room during the break.
Students should plan to return to their Residence Halls January 17.
If you plan on not returning to the University in the Spring Term, additional details will be available after Thanksgiving Break.
Please review the Housing & Residence Life Winter Break checklist to ensure you leave your room in appropriate condition prior to departure:
- Pack any items you may need for over the break. Remember your phone chargers, medications, and important documentsbecause you will not have access to your space or the building after Saturday, December 4, 2021
- Address anything noted in the earlier Health and Safety Inspections
- Remove any perishable food items from room
- Take out trash
- Draw blinds together but leave slats open to allow sunshine and natural light into the space
- Close and lock your window(s)
- Turn off your lightsin all of your spaces
- Lock bedroom door
- Keep your key and fob
*if suite style or double rooms also make sure:
- If you do not currently have a roommate but are in a double room, ensure your space is clean and ready for a roommate to move in for Spring 2022
- Flush toilet
- Make sure all sink faucets and showerheads are turned off
- If you are experiencing leaks or water issues in your space, please put in a work request here
- Do not leave any laundry in laundry room washing machines or dryers
In Grand Campus Apartments, also make sure:
- Lock your main door and patio doors
- Make sure the lint is cleaned out of the lint trap in the dryer
- Make sure the stove/oven is off
- The kitchen sink is empty and wiped out
If you have any questions about Housing during Winter Break, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.