Spring Room Changes and Swaps
Room Change Request
Looking to change your living space? If you would like to move from your current living space, that is a switch from one room/building to any open space on campus, you will need to fill out the Room Change Request Form.
The form will be available from January 27 - February 6th.
You will receive an email informing you if we are able to meet your request. It is important that you check your EKU email regularly for updates about your room change. You will be notified via email no later than February 7. It is important to remember that while we make every attempt to meet your request, requests will be met based on the amount of space available on campus.
- The Room Change Request Form is for "Room Changes," NOT "Room Swaps" (see below for Room Swap information)
- The Room Change Request Form will open in Google beginning on January 27th at 9:00am and will remain open until February 6th at 4pm.
- If you have a specific roommate, include the name and ID number of the student on the form
- You will be notified through your EKU Email Address if a room change has been made
- From the point of notification, you will have 24 hours to make your room change
- While we make every attempt to meet requests for room change, it is not guaranteed. Room changes are based on availability of space.
Anyone wishing to do a "Room Swap," that is when two to four individuals wish to change their location and swap with someone else, will need to report to the RHC in the hall of the swap. The RHC of the building has their posted office hours and when they are available to meet during business hours. Those wishing for a "Room Swap" will be able to meet with their RHC during normal office hours. All parties involved in a "Room Swap" will need to be present when meeting with the RHC.
- Room Swaps begin on January 27th.
- To perform a "Room Swap," you must first contact the RHC in the Hall of the swap
- The RHC will have office hours, generally between 10:00am and 7:00pm (each RHC may have different hours, please check with your RHC to verify office hours) during which you can meet with them for a Room Swap.
- All parties involved in the swap must provide their consent for the swap to occur, typically requiring their presence
- You do not need to fill out the room change form for a room swap to be completed.