Roommate Matching and Room Selection
Follow the below steps to create and add someone to your roommate group!
- Log into the Housing Portal and select Housing Application/Selection.
- Select the AY 2023-2024 Term.
- Check your Roommate Profile to ensure your Web Screen Name is your EKU email address and that you have the box selected if you want others to be able to search for you.
- If you are the group leader, you can create a group and name the group.
- You can search for other students using two methods: If you know the students Web Screen Name, you can search by name. If you are unsure of who you wish to live with, you can use suggested roommates and the system will show other students whom you are highly matched with.
- Invite the students who you want to live with. Can’t find someone? Have the other student log into their housing portal and ensure you have the correct Web Screen Name.
- Each student you add needs to log into their housing portal and confirm that they wish to be in the group.
- Once the group is verified (system will show Verified with green box), you are ready to select a room during your assigned lottery time.
- DOUBLE CHECK that the roommate you want to pick a space with is in your group and you have no pending requests!
You can only be in one group at a time, and can only have one group leader!
Follow the below steps to select a room!
- Once its your time to select a space based on #8 above, you can go ahead and continue to the room selection page.
- Select the building and room you wish to select.
- Once the room is in your cart, you have 10 minutes to confirm the selection. We encourage you to look at the floor plans linked at the top of the roommate selection page.
- Assign each student to a bed.
- Confirm the assignments.
- AND DONE! You should now see the listed room with those assigned at the bottom of the page.