Room Selection - Returning Students
What is Room Selection?
Room Selection gives you the opportunity to pick your living space for the fall of 2021! In order to select your space, you must complete the Housing Application. The Housing Application is available for continuing students (sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students) now. Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
About the Housing Application
- The Housing Application can be found in your Housing Portal.
- This application MUST be completed by all students who plan to live on campus in the fall of 2021.
- The non-refundable $200 housing prepayment must be paid to complete the application.
- Please complete the Roommate Questionnaire in the Housing Application honestly. This will be used to assist in matching you with another student.
- To be a part of the room selection process, you must apply before February 24. Completing your Housing Application early does NOT guarantee you will have first choice of room selection.
- If you would like to live in a Living Learning Community, complete the LLC application as part of the Housing Application. Additional information about placement will be available during the Room Selection process.
If you would like to live at Grand Campus, please see the details below. The Grand Campus Room Selection process has changed.
Important Notes about Room Selection
- Room Selection will begin in late February. Check your EKU email for additional details.
- Your Housing Application for Fall of 2021 must be complete by February 24 to be eligible to select your space.
- Your class standing is determined by your completed credit hours plus your enrolled credit hours on February 24. You will receive an email to your EKU email address with the date and time you can choose your space.
- Completing your Housing Application early does not guarantee an early selection time.
- If you are accepted into a Living Learning Community, you will only be able to select a room that is part of the LLC and only match with roommates who are also in the LLC.
- The individual that has the earliest Room Selection can select a room for both students, but both students must verify in the housing system that you wish to live with one another.
Choosing a Roommate
- If you have someone you would like to live with, you can add a roommate to your group during Room Selection.
- Talk to your friends and develop a plan prior to Selection time. Remind everyone to complete their Housing Application.
- All students must be willing to live with one another.
- The student with the earliest room selection date and time can select a room for both students, but both individuals must agree to live together, in the Residence Hall that was selected.
- Roommate matching begins on February 25-26.
- If you do not have a roommate, you can use the roommate match capability in the system. This gives you an opportunity to see how similar other students are to you, based on the Roommate Questionnaire you completed with your application. Only students in need of a roommate will be searchable during the process.
Dates to Remember
Please note - the dates below have CHANGED!
- January 5 at 9AM - Housing Application goes live for returning students
- February 24 - Deadline to complete Housing Application to participate in Room Selection
- February 25-26 - Students notified of lottery times and roommate matching
- March 2-4 - Rising Seniors and above may begin room selection
- March 8-11 - Rising Juniors Room Selection begins
- March 15-19 - Rising Sophomore and returning student Room Selection begins
- March 22-March 26 - Room Selection open to all returning students.
- Room changes will occur at a later date.
Grand Campus Room Selection
For information on the Grand Campus Room Selection process click here.