Room Selection - Returning Students
For more information on roommate matching please visit our 'Roommate Matching and Room Selection' page.
What is Room Selection?
Room Selection gives you the opportunity to pick your living space for the Fall of 2023! In order to select your space, you must complete the Housing Application. The Housing Application is currently available for continuing students (sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students). Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
About the Housing Application
- The Housing Application can be found in your Housing Portal.
- This application MUST be completed by all students who plan to live on campus in the Fall of 2023.
- The non-refundable $100 Housing Commitment Fee must be paid to complete the application.
- Please complete the Roommate Questionnaire in the Housing Application honestly. This will be used to assist in matching you with another student.
- To be a part of the Priority Selection room selection process, you must apply before February 8. Completing your Housing Application early does NOT guarantee you will have first choice of room selection.
- To be a part of the General Selection room selection process, you must apply before March 1.
- To be a part of the Open Selection room selection process, you must apply before March 10. Students who complete their housing application after this date will not be able to select from available spaces until July.
- If you would like to live in a Living Learning Community, complete the LLC application as part of the Housing Application. Additional information about placement will be available during the Room Selection process.
If you would like to live at Grand Campus, please see the details below. The Grand Campus Room Selection differs from other Residence Halls.
Important Notes about Room Selection
- Room Selection will begin in February. Check your EKU email for additional details.
- Your Housing Application for Fall of 2023 must be completed one of the deadlines above to be eligible to select your space.
- Your class standing is determined by your completed credit hours plus your enrolled credit hours on the date of the deadline you meet. You will receive an email to your EKU email address with the date and time you can choose your space.
- Completing your Housing Application early does not guarantee an early selection time.
- If you are accepted into a Living Learning Community, you will only be able to select a room that is part of the LLC and only match with roommates who are also in the LLC.
- The individual that has the earliest Room Selection can select a room for both students, but both students must verify in the housing system that you wish to live with one another.
- Grand Campus will remain open over break periods throughout the academic year.
- Residents who require housing during any break period(s) must pay the Break Housing flat rate of $750. This rate allows you to stay over all break periods throughout the Academic Year. If you do not pay this rate you will not have access to your space during Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring breaks.
- Please note, all residence halls will remain open during Fall Break.
Choosing a Roommate
- If you have someone you would like to live with, you can add a roommate to your group during Room Selection.
- Talk to your friends and develop a plan prior to Selection time. Remind everyone to complete their Housing Application.
- All students must be willing to live with one another.
- The student with the earliest room selection date and time can select a room for both students, but both individuals must agree to live together, in the Residence Hall that was selected.
- Roommate matching begins on February 7.
- If you do not have a roommate, you can use the roommate match capability in the system. This gives you an opportunity to see how similar other students are to you, based on the Roommate Questionnaire you completed with your application. Only students in need of a roommate will be searchable during the process.
Dates to Remember
- February 7 - Roommate matching begins for eligible students
- February 8 - Deadline to complete Housing Application to participate in Priority Room Selection
- February 9-10 - Students eligible for Priority Selection notified of lottery times
- February 13-16 - Verified Roommate Groups of 4 can select a Grand Campus Space
- February 17-20 - Verified Roommate Groups of 2-3 can select a Grand Campus Space
- February 20 - Priority Selection lottery times begin for Rising Seniors
- February 22 - Priority Selection lottery times begin for Rising Juniors
- February 27 - Priority Selection lottery times begin for Rising Sophomores
- March 2 - Priority Room Selection ends
- March 1 - Deadline to complete Housing Application to participate in General Room Selection
- March 2-3 - Students eligible for General Selection notified of lottery times
- March 6-9 - General Selection times begin
- March 10 - Open Selection for all returning students begins
- March 20 - Returner Room Selection closes
- Room changes will occur on June 26 at 10am through July 11 at noon.
*This payment will be broken between the Fall and Spring semesters. A $375 charge will reflect on your Fall 2023 tuition bill and your Spring 2024 tuition bill.