Room Selection - First-Year Students
What is Room Selection?
Room Selection gives you the opportunity to pick your living space for the upcoming semester! In order to select your space, you must complete the Housing Application.
About the Housing Application
- The Housing Application can be found in your Housing Portal.
- This application MUST be completed by all students who plan to live on campus in the Fall of 2023.
- The Colonel Commitment Fee must be paid to complete the application.
- Please complete the Roommate Questionnaire in the Housing Application honestly. This will be used to assist in matching you with another student.
- To be a part of the room selection process, you must apply before June 1st, 2023. Completing your Housing Application early does NOT guarantee you will have first choice of room selection.
- If you would like to live in a Living Learning Community, complete the LLC application as part of the Housing Application. Additional information about placement will be available during the Room Selection process.
Important Notes about Room Selection
- Check your EKU email for upcoming dates.
- To see how the room selection process works, check out our video!
- Completing your Housing Application early does not guarantee an early selection time. Selection dates and times are randomly generated.
- If you are accepted into a Living Learning Community, you will only be able to select a room that is part of the LLC and only match with roommates who are also in the LLC.
- The individual that has the earliest Room Selection can select a room for both students, but both students must verify in the housing system that you wish to live with one another.
Choosing a Roommate
- If you have someone you would like to live with, you can add a roommate to your group during Room Selection.
- Talk to your friend and develop a plan prior to Selection time. Remind them to complete their Housing Application.
- Both students must be willing to live with one another.
- The student with the earliest room selection date and time can select a room for both students, but both individuals must agree to live together, in the Residence Hall that was selected.
- If you do not have a roommate, you can use the roommate match capability in the system. This gives you an opportunity to see how similar other students are to you, based on the Roommate Questionnaire you completed with your application. Only students in need of a roommate will be searchable during the process.