Online Housing Application
Applying for Housing
Welcome Future Colonel!
We are so excited that you plan to make Eastern Kentucky University your home in the Fall of 2021!
Please complete the steps below to begin your journey to living on campus:
1. You must be admitted to the University to apply for Housing. If you need to apply visit the Admissions webpage and submit your application for acceptance.
2. Once you have been admitted, please wait 48 hours before you apply for housing. It takes time for our system to populate with your information. Your username and password will be the same as your EKU Student Email credentials.
If you are having trouble accessing your EKU Email - follow the instructions below:
- Set up your EKU Direct Account. To do so, login to your Admissions Portal and enter the email and password you used when applying to the University.
- Choose your application on the screen, it will open a Welcome to ColonelNation page.
- One the Welcome page, select "EKU Direct." You will see a student number, password, and student email account.
- The directions (in blue) will allow you to set up your EKU Direct account (administrative University account to add/drop classes, view grades, etc.) and your email account.
3. You must submit your Housing Application by visiting the Housing Portal. Please click the link above to access the portal.
4. If you are under the age of 18 on the day you complete the application, you must provide a valid email address for your parent or legal guardian to sign on your behalf. This is required to finalize your application.
5. Complete the roommate match questions included in the application. Please answer these questions honestly. You will have the opportunity to match or pull in a roommate at a later date.
6. Pay the $200 Housing prepayment. Your application is not finalized until this is complete.
7. Room Selection will begin in June. At this time you will have the opportunity to select your living space and pull in a roommate.
8. If you do not have a roommate in mind, you will have the opportunity to utilize matching software to match with an individual you are similar to.
9. Room Selection dates and times are randomly assigned by Housing and Residence Life. After you apply for housing, keep an eye on your EKU email for information on when you can select your space.
If you have any questions about completing the Housing Application, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 859-622-1515.