Living Learning Communities
Find Your Circle
Living Learning Communities provide students the opportunity to connect with someone as soon as they arrive on EKU’s campus. LLC’s consists of a group of students with similar majors or interests who live on the same floor or floors of a residence hall.
We have found students who participate in a living learning community are more likely to stay in college and tend to have higher GPA's than those who do not participate in these communities. Because of their LLC experience, students are also better able to connect with each other, along with all of the faculty and staff connected with LLC’s. Finally, LLC’s give students the opportunity to explore the region, participate in shared coursework and start the path towards academic success at EKU.
Take a look at all of the living learning community options and look at the LLC Highlights to see what might be a great fit for you.
How to Apply for an LLC
- Students interested in participating in LLC’s will indicate interest on their EKU Housing Applications (available now).
- Please follow the instructions on the EKU Housing Application, including the 250-500 word statement on why you are interested in LLC's.
- Students will receive an acceptance e-mail to your EKU e-mail account starting on March 1st.
- If accepted, you will select a space within your LLC during First-Year Room Selection.
- In order to ensure participation in a LLC for the 2019-2020 academic year, your EKU Housing Application must be complete by 11:59 PM on June 16, 2019.
Current EKU Students
- LLC Applications are due January 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Current students can apply for LLC's by completing their housing application and paying the $200 pre-payment.
- Choose your LLC on interest on your Housing Application and check your EKU E-mail for acceptance. You must respond to the e-mail to be admitted to the LLC.
- Once admitted, you can call DIBS on your LLC space From January 22-25, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Mendenhall, Assistant Director for Living Learning Communities and Retention.