Living Learning Communities
Find Your Circle
Living Learning Communities provide students the opportunity to connect with someone as soon as they arrive on EKU’s campus. LLC’s consist of a group of students with similar majors or interests who live on the same floor or floors of a Residence Hall.
In many cases, students who participate in a Living Learning Community are more likely to stay in college and tend to have higher GPA's than those who do not participate in these communities. Because of their LLC experience, students are also better able to connect with each other, along with all of the faculty and staff connected with LLC’s. Finally, LLC’s give students the opportunity to explore the region, participate in shared coursework and start the path towards academic success at EKU.
Take a look at all of the living learning community options and look at the LLC Highlights to see what might be a great fit for you.
*LLCs are subject to change year to year.
How to Apply for an LLC
- Students interested in participating in LLC’s will indicate interest on their EKU Housing Applications (available when the Housing Application opens).
- Please follow the instructions on the EKU Housing Application, including the 150 word statement describing your interest in the LLC(s) you selected.
- Students will begin receiving acceptance e-mails to their EKU e-mail account starting in early Spring on a rolling basis from when the LLC application was submitted.
- If accepted, you will select a space within your LLC during First-Year Room Selection in the Summer.
- In order to ensure participation in a LLC for the 2021-2022 academic year, your EKU Housing Application must be complete by 11:59 PM on June 1, 2021.
Current EKU Students
- LLC Applications are due February 21, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Current students can apply for LLC's by completing their housing application and paying the $200 pre-payment.
- Choose your LLC on interest on your Housing Application and check your EKU E-mail for acceptance. You must respond to the e-mail to be admitted to the LLC.
If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Residence Life.