Living at Grand Campus
Grand Campus residents are expected to abide by all policies and procedures noted earlier in this Guide. Additional expectations, procedural differences, and information follow.
Air Popcorn Poppers
Coffee Pots and Keurig machines
Crock-pots / Rice cookers
George Foreman or similar grills
Microwave Ovens (less than 700 watts)
Power Strips (UL-approved) with circuit breaker
Refrigerators (less than 4.5 cubic feet)
Sandwich makers / Quesadilla makers
TVs and Stereos
Air Conditioners (additional or privately owned)
Appliances with open heating flame or element:
Electric heaters or Space heaters
Oil popcorn poppers
Open coiled or open flame appliances
Gasoline, Oil, Kerosene, & Other Flammable Liquids
Outlet Extenders or any device that increases the number of outlets
Residents are responsible for replacing any and all light bulbs in the apartment with the appropriate type.
Balconies & Patios
Grand Campus residents will be provided with outdoor furniture for their balcony/patio area. Residents agree to maintain the balcony/patio area neat and clean at all times. Clothing, sheets, rugs, towels, appliances, and other unsightly items are not permitted in the balcony/patio area. Alcohol is never permitted on any balcony. Damage to outside furniture can result in damage fees.
Vehicle Registration and Parking
The Grand Campus parking lot is a University Residential Parking Zone GC requiring a Purple Parking Permit. If a resident needs an accessible parking permit, please refer to the following link.
Each apartment’s common living room is outfitted with a University provided television and cable box. The University contracts through Spectrum Cable for Cable TV service at Grand Campus. No satellite dishes, etc. may be installed outside of the unit.
Use of fitness room is limited to Grand Campus residents.
- In case of emergency, dial 911.
- Attendants are not provided. Use the fitness room at your own risk.
- Animals are not allowed in fitness room.
- Housing is not responsible for accidents, injuries or lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced items.
- No food allowed. Drinks are permitted in plastic containers. No glass allowed.
- Please use headphones when listening to music.
- No wet clothing allowed in fitness room.
- Rubber soled shoes required.
- No more than two (2) guests per resident are allowed in fitness room.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for proper use of equipment.
- Do not make repairs on fitness equipment. Please report needed repairs immediately to the RHC or GRHC.
- Do not use, adjust or operate fitness equipment beyond your physical limitations.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the fitness room.
- Please report vandalism and unauthorized users.
- Do not remove fitness equipment from the fitness room.
- Do not leave personal items in the fitness room.
- Respect others by keeping noise to a minimum and by disposing of trash properly.
- Please wipe down the fitness equipment with a clean towel once you are done.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the fitness area.
- Fitness room hours are determined by Residence Life and will be posted.
One reusable, washable filter is provided in each apartment HVAC unit. Residents are asked to clean filters once per month by running it through one cycle in the dishwasher.
All residence hall rooms are equipped with Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi. Please note, personal routers interfere with campus Wi-Fi and are not permitted.
A stackable washer/dryer unit is provided in each apartment, high efficiency detergent is required for the unit. Please take care to not overload the washer/dryer. Should issues arise with your washer/dryer unit please notify the RHC or GRHC immediately. Service to the Laundry Units are performed on Tuesdays or Thursdays once reported.
Pool Rules & Policies
Use of the pool is limited to Grand Campus Residents.
- Lifeguards are not provided. Swim at your own risk. For your safety, do not swim alone.
- In case of Emergency, dial 911.
- Pool hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Housing is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced items.
- No diving. Diving may result in injury or death.
- No running or rough play in the pool area.
- Anyone with a communicable disease capable of infecting others is prohibited from swimming in the pool.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Animals are not allowed anywhere in the pool area, except for service animals.
- Use plastic or paper containers only. Glass is not permitted in the pool area.
- No alcoholic beverages or containers are permitted in the pool area.
- Only proper swimwear is allowed. Cutoffs and other clothing items are not allowed.
- All guests must be accompanied at all times by a Grand Campus resident. No more than two (2) guests per resident are allowed in the pool area at one time.
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- Respect others by keeping noise to a minimum, covering pool furniture with a towel when using suntan oils, leaving pool furniture in pool areas and disposing of trash properly.
- Do not place pool furniture in the pool.
- Do not place electrical appliances (telephone, radio, TV, etc.) within five feet of the pool.
- Residence Life staff reserves the right to deny use of the pool to anyone at any time.